Log me on automatically each visit    
Register
Register
CJ Webmaster Forums Forum Index » XHTML/HTML

How to protect the second downlowd
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marlic22
New User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: How to protect the second downlowd Reply with quote

I am building the site for resell my e-book,That mean the buyer have to pay before download.I want they download only once,So how to protect the secon download.Thank you
PHPDUMMY
CJ-Design.com Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: How to protect the second downlowd Reply with quote

marlic22 wrote:
I am building the site for resell my e-book,That mean the buyer have to pay before download.I want they download only once,So how to protect the secon download.Thank you

Just an idea........
The one way that pops to mind on how to do this is to require the user to type in a username & password , then for your e-book software to dial to your server and cross-reference a database to check if user exists.

Theres several possibilities of what to use for the users username such as the computername or serial number , this can be done quietly in the background without any user intervention. This method has its flaws though if the user purchases the e-book because after a Hard-Drive Format , the serial number changes so therefore the old password you supplied will no longer work.

Requiring the user to supply their real name and basing your password encryption on this would be best. You could explain this as a "Free Pass" of some sort. By building a database based on the users real name and address would probrably be the best precaution to keep from having a repeated entry. If you do as some people do and base it off of the users e-mail address , you'll end up with a repeated download also.

The whole idea is to build a database , then to have an FTP program to check for the entries in the database prior to the permission of download......

If user exists then
refuse download --> sorry page
elseif user exists = false then
continue download
end if

Maybe that wasnt to confusing? ( Kinda started confusing myself ).......
darkcarnival
CJ-Design.com Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hes a tweaked idea fomr phpdummy's idea Wink

make a login with the users info. have a table or file that logs the downloads.

then has it see if the user already downloaded this file and if so display a message telling them that.

this sounds a bit easier to understand Wink

btw what programming language did you plan to do this in?

Elite Bulletin Board v0.5 try it out today!
http://www.elite-board.z42.us/

version 0.9 coming soon!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CJ Webmaster Forums Forum Index » XHTML/HTML All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: